Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cavite's Ilog Maria Honeybee Farm

Close by our satellite office in Tagaytay is the Ilog Maria Honeybee Farms. Located at Silang, Cavite, south of Manila, we usually pass by the area to and from work. After hearing some positive feedback on its pesticides-free, locally-sourced hand-made products, we decided to drop by and see the place.
Watch out for the blue signage along Aguinaldo Highway
The store is housed in a nondescript building, which double as the owner's dwelling. I was looking for the river upon which it's name is based, but it turned out I was taking things literally. Read about it here.


The products are made of honey, pollen, beeswax, propolis, and royal jelly. I'm using the body lotion and honey propolis throat spray.
honey
cider vinegar

shampoo
soaps
essences 
lip balms 
massage oils 
Beside the shop was the bee yard.

I wanted to see the bees up close.



Minus the bees, the farm reminds me of my grandparent's home, where life was unhurried, simple, and love was all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment