Monday, January 6, 2014

Marcia Adams: a Touch of Tuscany in Tagaytay


spur-of-the moment dinner. posing for posterity at the Sunset Room
I first visited Marcia Adams in 2011, and for almost three years I wanted to go back and have a Mediterranean meal prepared by the excellent home cook Marcia Adams. lst year, out of the blue I asked a colleague to reserve dinner there. Let's just say we were charmed by the whole experience. The restaurant is at the border of Tagaytay and Alfonso, near Residence Inn Zoo. For what we ate, go here

I love establishments that put time and effort to adorn their place with fresh flowers.  





I love the attention to detail. Curiously, Marcia Adams did not make an appearance, but her husband said she cooked every meal. 





I have a soft spot for antique chandeliers.


I first went to Marcia Adams on May 28, 2011. After attending a wedding in Tagaytay, a friend suggested we go to Marcia Adams, which she described as Tuscany tucked away in a corner of Tagaytay. I first came to know about the restaurant in Daphne Osena's blog, but the only thing I can remember is that it's like Sonia's Garden. We didn't have reservations, but the owner, Mr. Marcia Adams, welcomed us still, as  my friend asked him for directions over the phone. It was out-of-the-way, and there was no signage by the gate, but it was love at first sight. The place was overrun by vines and bushes and curio plant holders, an explosion of green--not too studied, but charming nonetheless. 

Pardon the askew pictures. I tried everything to set them right, but this is beyond me. 




Mr. Adams entertained us on both occasions. He was solicitous, very warm and welcoming.


This is my favorite--the vine-covered facade of the restaurant. He said they'll be selling furniture soon.



You can choose to eat indoors with a breath-taking view of the garden.


This is a good outdoor option, but bring some Off Lotion. The restaurant has hosted some small wedding receptions.





The restaurant has re-used antique bricks.



Fans of gardens will enjoy it here. 



Marcia Adams's Tuscany
JP Rizal Street, Tagaytay City
0917-8011456 (tip: just text for reservations)

No comments:

Post a Comment