Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Scenes from the City of Pattaya

After the first day of the conference, my colleagues and I took a tour of the city proper. We were billeted in the quieter side of the city, and so this was an opportunity for us to see local color and perhaps buy a souvenir or two.
except for the thai script, this look like it was taken from quiapo
see the "jeeps"?
this is a common mode of transportation in pattaya. cheaper, too
looks like manila bay, no?
i wonder if this was what the beach along roxas bouelvard looked like ages ago
souvenir shops line the streets
kiosks selling more souvenir shops

When I look hard enough, Pattaya seem to be an amalgam of the familiar cities in the Philippines, but with more people of South Asian descent. I wish I had more time to explore the city--two nights were not enough to get a sense of the place. A compatriot studying in Thailand speaks highly of how laid-back the people were, and how easy life is in the country. I'm definitely intrigued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment