Monday, June 9, 2014

Pasalubong Options 5: Bulacan and Dipolog

For this edition of food gifts from different provinces, I'm featuring a province north of Manila and a northern city on the southern island of Mindanao. 

1. Bulacan

I love peanut butter, so this is a no-brainer for me. I love the packaging--I thought at first that Bhern's Creamy Peanut Butter was an imported brand. I'm happy someone made an effort to make their product presentable. This is gooey, spreadable peanut butter, and like many local peanut butters, it is quite oily.


Bulacan is also known for chicharon, and Boy Iwa's Chicharon is quite good.



2. Dipolog


I already featured bottled fish from Dipolog. Here are two more from the historic city. Many swear by Nam Namm Spanish Sardines, pictured below, saying it is the better brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment